I’ve gotten several emails lately asking how I stay motivated with blogging and while I did reply to all the emails, I thought it would be a good topic for the blog. Here are my top 5 tips on how I stay motivated with blogging.
- Be open to finding topic inspiration from anywhere, like the emails I receive from our lovely readers!
- Look to other industries for new styles of content. They could be saying the same thing as you but in a different style, which can give you more ideas for your next post.
- Don’t limit your topics. Yes, you do need to stay focused and true to your brand but the benefit of social media is that it gives us more freedom to express our interest in a wide number of topics.
- Blog what you like. This can be a challenge especially if you are a business and look to social media to promote your store or your service. Review Tip #2 and consider discussing your industry trends or look for other industry experts in your industry to add content for your blog.
- Know your industry. Your industry moves, so understand what changes are ahead and why. Can these be good topics to discuss?
- Go with the flow. Stop stressing. Just accept that some days are great blogging days and while other days you just need a break and go shopping!
- Have a yearly goal: As much as I go with the flow, I do create a yearly marketing plan with goals and expectations. This does make life more interesting and blogging with a greater purpose.