We are at it again, every year we post skincare tips to help you get ready for the winter season. This season, we’ve expanded to lips and feet beauty recipes for you lovers of truly natural beauty.
Granted, our Canadian winters have been eerily pleasant and warm. Let’s hope that it doesn’t stay that way, I’ve come to appreciate winter’s necessity in providing balance and beauty to our lives. Even with this appreciation, the frigid months gives us unique health & beauty concerns, from asthma, fly-away hair, dry patches on our faces, itchy, flaky legs and yes, those awful cracked heels on our feet!
Radiant Skin Serum
- 2 Tablespoons of Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Hazelnut Oil
- 4 drops Helichrysum Essential Oil
Helichrysum has superb regenerating qualities and contains certain di-ketones, an effective defense against free radicals and aging skin, making it perfect for use to repair and prevent future damage to the skin. Dilution may not be required for topical use, so 2 to 3 drops can be applied to a cotton ball and directly to dry patch. Test on a small patch is advised.
Soothing Chapped Lips Serum
- 15ml (3 flat tsp.) of Aloe Vera Gel and add to the dark, glass jar
- 5ml (1 tsp.) of Sweet Almond Oil
- Three (3) drops of Geranium Essential Oil
- Two (2) drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- Two (2) drops of German Chamomile
Cracked Heel Repair Oil
There are many reasons why we have dry skin or thick dry skin (callus) around our heels and more often is it due to excessive feet activity such as prolonged standing, hard floors and open sandals.
Being overweight may also increase the pressure on our feet leading to cracked heels and sometimes it is the caused of nutritional deficiencies. Here is a lovely
Before Bedtime Regime:
- Soak feet with 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar added to warm water
- Cleanse feed with Soothing Magnesium Foot Scrub
- Mix 1/2 cup vegetable based glycerin and 1/4 cup rosewater hydrosol, shake well and apply to cracked feet
- Wrap Saran Wrap on feet or this makes your feet too hot, then wear stocks to bed
Flaky Skin No More Bath Oil
Create a bath routine with essential oils. You will need to add a carrier oil or the essential oils will stay at the top and not mix with your bath water. Remember, don’t stay too long in hot water!
- 2 ounces of your favourite carrier oil
- 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (Cedarwood or Helichrysum Essential Oil)
- Mix well and about 1/4 oz. to your bath.
Stop Dandruff & Itchy Scalp Rinse
Mix of 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar with 3/4 cup of distilled water together and pour the mixture on your hair. Leave it in for a minute, and rinse it out with cold water.