Let’s start with the basic list of ingredients that promote skin rejuvenation.
Look for products that incorporate added nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins to your favourite blend or face creme. In particular, look for antioxidant ingredients that help counter the deterioration of skin cells. These antioxidants include vitamins A, C, E and D, which can be found in plant oils such as avocado and sweet almond oil. These vitamins are also rich in proteins as well as provide nourishing vitamins.
Vitamin A is particularly helpful for mature skin and dry hair. It acts as an antioxidant, offers anti-inflammatory and toning properties and also provides regenerative property to the tissue. You can create your own anti-aging blend using carrot root or carrot seed oil with a carrier oil. Carrot oil is stated to offer exceptional properties for stimulating and regenerating skin and follicle cells.
Sources of Vitamin A are:
- Cod Liver Oil: Purchase organic, if posisble.
- Peppermint: Buy fresh mint, whenever possible, since it is superior in flavor and rich in phytonutrients, vital vitamins, and antioxidants than dried mint.
- Dandelion Greens: Add as part of a salad, is a nutritious, carotenoid-rich food.
- Egg yolks: Fresh or free roaming hens.
- Rosehip Seed Oil: Add a few drops to your favourite facial cream
Vitamin C, of course provides a number of health benefits to our skin. Recent reports discovered the antioxidants found in this vitamin is helpful in the production of collagen. Look for beauty products that offer vitamin C with rose hips as a primary ingredient. Make your own blend here.
Sources of Vitamin C are:
- Grassfed Dairy Products
- Fresh Oranges
- Canned Seafood: Sardines, salmon
- Bone Broth
Vitamin E has been long reputed to help prevent cellular damage throughout our body by inhibiting the formation of free radicals. In essence, Vitamin E helps with circulation thus can slow down aging. Some herbalists even suggest it can reduce age spots (remember do a patch test first if you are applying it directly on to your skin!). Vitamin E is best used naturally.