In the last ten years, there has been a revival of interest for aromatherapy. Particularly for the treatment of stress-related complaints, family first aid and everyday aches and pain.
Product personalization is another hot trend that offers a lot of opportunities for retailers.
Now let’s bring these two trends together, and you’ve got the hottest ticket in today’s market. You can create unique and custom fragrances for your client’s needs, for example, a massage or in the room during treatment. Custom blend using only pure essential oils is perfect for spas. The natural aroma is a powerful element and doesn’t require you to take any special precautions. Simply spray and allow your guest to experience the full benefits of the essential oils.
Imagine the seasonal inspirations and annual promotions you can create with just a few basic essential oils in your hands.
Make your customers feel special with their very own personal essential oil formula, which they can then purchase! Great for bath, as a fragrance for their body or even home spray depending on the blend.
Essential Oils Primer
Primer Essential Oils: do not use neat, must be used with a carrier oil, in a mask or lotion. Essential oils are highly concentrated and may burn the skin if used directly on the skin.
- Clary Sage, Salvia sclarea: Calms, sleep aid, balances hormones and treats muscle aches and pain.
- Precautions: Avoid if pregnant. Avoid alcoholic beverages while using.
- Blends: Carrier oil, lemon or orange essential oil and lavender.
- Geranium, Pelargonium graveolens: Calming and uplifting, antidepressant, balances skin, balances hormones in women.
- Precautions: Avoid if pregnant.
- Blends: Carrier oil, bergamot, lavender and citrus oils.
- Lavender, Lavandula angustifolia: Calming, skincare, oily skin.
- Precautions: Maybe a strong allergen. A few cases of photosensitivity have been reported.
- Blends: Blend well with most essential oils, easy nice aroma with citrus oils (lemon or grapefruit) or geranium, ylang-ylang and tea tree.
- Lemon, Citrus limon: Excellent mood enhancer and relaxant. Sometimes it is used to treat wounds and infections.
- Precautions: May be irritating to the skin. Causes photosensitivity so avoid if going into the sun.
- Blend: Carrier oil, lavender, rose, and geranium essential oils.
- Peppermint, Mentha piperita: Indigestion, upset stomach, headaches, muscle aches, flatulence.
- Precautions: Avoid during pregnancy and do not use on children under 7.
- Blend: Carrier oil and lemon essential oil.
Read more about the wonderful practice of aromatherapy and start slow.