We are seeing an increasingly interest in spa treatments that include experiencing exotic mud baths, eating ancient grains to food as medicine. Because we are under a lot of stress, people are looking for relief and wanting to find methods to keep our stress down.
Simple stress relief tips are adding essential oils, daily walks and meditation to your daily routine. For this post, we are keeping it light and providing spa beauty trends that you can find in your local community. No need to travel to far away places!
- Float Spa. This is filled with water that’s salty enough to suspend your client. The mineral-rich salt, like that of the Dead Sea, is also said to help detoxify the skin.
- Add Aroma: Since there is no natural spray for green apples or cucumber, but you can provide green apple and cucumber slices tor your customer’s for a healthy snack in addition to the traditional cucumber slices for the eyes. Their aroma are very effective smells in reducing anxiety. Don’t go the dollar store route as these are just chemical fragrances and can give your clients a headache.
- Bright Skin: Introduce a yogurt and honey mask for the summer season for clients looking for a natural facial peel. Make sure the yogurt is plain and full-fat which is richer in lactic acid.
- Salt Rooms: This reminds me of my father who went to Aquasanta Terme, Italy for his health. In the middle of the city there were people sitting around a steaming water hole in the open cave breathing in the sulfur infused air with that lovely rotten egg aroma surrounding that section of the city. Well this salt room treatment is the latest trend taking its inspiration from these locations. I’m sure these spas don’t offer the rotten egg aroma.
- Vigorous scrubs: Perfect for the client who looks to sooth sore muscles and loosens limbs. Glacial Salts are a very good base to create this trendy treatment!
- Milk Baths: This includes camel milk with a few drops of essential oils like Frankincense.
- Custom Fragrances: This hot trend allows you to create a custom fragrance, develop a unique experience for your guest, brand your treatment and sell this experience at retail level. Read full post here.
- Cucumber Recipes: While there is no such thing as a super food, today we include fruits and vegetables to our beauty routine. This is a huge trend as it is affordable and easy to implement at home. Read our article Beauty and the Cucumber.