It’s true that cellulite is not dangerous and nothing more than fan beneath our skin, it still causes us much dismay and crushes or self-esteem.
There is a lot of misinformation about cellulite about why some of us have it and how to get rid of this fat. To start with, cellulite is caused by gender, heredity, skin thickness, body fat distribution, how much body fat you have, and age will influence how much and how visible cellulite is on your body.
The reason cellulite can push through layers of collagen fibres or in medical terms, the connective tissue from under the skin is because the connective tissue is weakened. We see cellulite mostly on the buttocks and thigh areas, but also on arms and stomachs. Connective tissue can be weakened by lack of exercise, hormones, not enough muscle tone, excess fat, and poor circulation.
The following scrubs will help increase circulation. Please apply a gentle scrub.
LIGHT GLACIAL CLAY BODY SCRUB FOR CELLULITE
Using mineral-rich Light Glacial Clay can seep into the skin to break down those fat cells.
- 2 tablespoon (30ml) Glacial Clay (Powder)
- 2 tablespoon (30ml) Infusion Exfoliant extra-fine glacial salts)
- Mix ingredients together, adding a little water to make a light paste.
- Wipe gently over your entire body. It will leave a thin, white film and feel prickly as the paste penetrates the skin.
- Once the paste is dry, rub gently and in a circular motion so that the slough rubs off.
- Shower in cool water and massage.
- Add a few drops of your favourite essential oil blend to a non-scented, all-natural body lotion and apply liberally.
INFUSION EXFOLIANT BODY SCRUB
This is an incredibly effective scrub that will leave your skin feeling wonderfully smooth. Once you’ve rinsed off the scrub, you will still feel a little oily, but that will quickly disappear as the oil is absorbed into your skin.
- ¼ cup(60ml) Infusion Exfoliant
- ¼ cup(60ml) jojoba oil or olive oil (needs to be a carrier oil)
- 3-4 drops of your favourite essential oil
- 2 tablespoon (30ml) mild soap-based shampoo
- Combine ingredients into a paste and gently rub in a circular motion over your body.
- Massage your body thoroughly and all over for at least ten minutes and again gently.
- Rinse off well and pat dry. The oil blend from the scrub will absorb quickly.
- Your skin will be smooth, soft and flowing.