- 1 cup of Arborio Rice
- 5 cups of milk
- 1 & 1.2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Orange zest (or 2 drops of Orange Essential Oil)
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, 4¾ cups milk, vanilla bean with seeds, sugar, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until rice is tender and liquid has absorbed, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove vanilla bean; stir in orange zest
- Place rice in a dish and cover with plastic wrap directly on surface
- Start with your favourite rice pudding recipe
- Add 2 drops of Orange Essential Oil. Just 2 drops of essential oil will do! Obviously, using fresh spices would be better but if you find yourself out of these essential flavours, essential oils will work very well.