Rose hydrosol (or rose water) is a wonderful water that offers a soft beautiful floral aroma. Rose Hydrosol provides us many skin healing properties as well as mental health benefits. It can be used directly on the skin but do a patch test first if you’ve never tried Rose Hydrosol.
When purchasing rose water it is best to purchase the best, from Bulgaria and that it is considered food-grade, undiluted.
Here is just a small list of how we can use rose water.
Some Applications for Rose Water
- Wonderful toner for the skin. Simply spray on face liberally, especially after the gym.
- Add to unscented facial creams and body lotions for added moisturizing benefits.
- Reduces Stress. Spray on pillow or office and inhale deeply and slowly.
- Spritz in clean laundry. For added happiness.
- Spray on tablecloth before setting the table. Set the mood for romantic table talk.
- Add to bath water. Rose pedals, chocolates and soft music, optional!
- Men’s After shave: Apply it as an after shave to soothe irritated skin
- Make Cookies!!
- Wonderful Rosewater punch, recipe below this post.
Rose Hydrosol is a stable hydrosol and has a shelf life of two years or more.
Mature Skin Rose Toner
- 1 cup of rose hydrosol
- 2 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 1 drop of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 drop Chamomile essential oil
Add to a dark amber glass with spray. Shake well before using. Spray sparingly on face, neck, and body. Store in a dark, cool place. Should have a shelf life of 1/3 months. If you are looking for added moisturiser, add 1 ounce of glycerin.
- Organic Rosewater
- Fresh lemon juice
- Red food coloring, Optional
- Rum, Optional
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Mix rosewater, water and lemon juice to taste.
- Add a little red food coloring to give it more 'red' colour.
- Add rum for cocktail parties or crushed ice for tea parties.
- Mint leaves for garnish.