I recently attended a woman’s business luncheon and at my table I met a couple of shop owners. The conversation eventually turned to how to best manage employees.
It was agreed that a level of leadership was needed to develop engagement as well as reduce staff turn-over. Leadership traits that everyone agreed where the following:
- Be positive for all not just for your bottom line.
- Lead by example, people do respect leaders when they live by their word.
- Build rapport. Everyone likes to feel connected so take the time and build relationships with your staff.
- Don’t stress out. It does nothing but alienate your staff.
- You don’t know everything and that’s okay.