Every summer, we create our own body spray using essential oils. Natural body sprays are light and don’t have the staying power like our chemical perfumes. Because of that, I add a light spray in my hair so I can enjoy the aroma much longer.
I encourage you to try making your own, just one try and you will have a hard time going back to those commercial bottles. Your challenge is to find the blend you will enjoy but for me, that’s the fun part.
While I’m not a personal fan of sweet cologne, this one was created for my mother who loves sweet aromas. What I’m presenting here is a complex blend, you can easily just take one of these essential oils to blend with Vanilla.
What you’ll need
- Distilled water
- 100% Vodka
- 10 drops Vanilla Essential Oil
- 8 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Sandalwood
- Glycerin (to help make the scent last longer but will change the composition of the blend)
- 4 oz dark bottle
- Mix 2 oz distilled water and 2 oz vodka.
- Add essential oils to the mix.
- Shake well before each use.
- Keep in a cool and dark location. It should last for 3 months or longer.
Other Essential Oils that Blends Well
- Orange, Clove and Cinnamon