We are at it again. Every year we post skincare tips and recipes to help you get ready for the winter season. This season, we’ve expanded to lips and feet beauty recipes for you lovers of truly natural beauty.
For sure, our Canadian winters have been eerily pleasant and warm. Let’s hope that it doesn’t stay that way, I’ve come to appreciate winter’s necessity in providing balance and beauty to our lives. Even with this appreciation, the frigid months give us unique health & beauty concerns, from asthma, fly-away hair, dry patches on our faces, itchy, flaky legs and yes, those awful cracked heels on our feet!
Radiant Skin Serum
- 2 Tablespoons of Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Hazelnut Oil
- 4 drops Helichrysum Essential Oil
Helichrysum has superb regenerating qualities and contains certain diketones, which is an effective defence against free radicals and ageing skin. Helichrysum Essential Oil is ideal to repair and prevent future damage to our skin. Ensure you use the essential oil with a carrier oil as noted in the recipe. Apply to skin using 2 to 3 drops to a cotton ball. If no allergies you can apply directly to dry patch. Test on a small patch is advised.
Soothing Chapped Lips Serum
- 15ml (3 flat tsp.) of Aloe Vera Gel and add to the dark, glass jar
- 5ml (1 tsp.) of Sweet Almond Oil
- Three (3) drops of Geranium Essential Oil
- Two (2) drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- Two (2) drops of German Chamomile
Cracked Heel Repair Oil
Oh, those nasty cracked heels!
There are many reasons why we have dry skin or thick dry skin (callus) around our heels and, more often, is it due to excessive feet activity such as prolonged standing, hard floors and open sandals.
Being overweight may also increase the pressure on our feet, leading to cracked heels and sometimes it is the caused of nutritional deficiencies.
Here is a good recipe to use to help your feet feel soft and nourished.
Before Bedtime Regime:
- Soak feet with 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar added to warm water
- Cleanse feed with Soothing Magnesium Foot Scrub
- Mix 1/2 cup vegetable-based glycerin and 1/4 cup rosewater hydrosol, shake well and apply to cracked feet
- Wrap Saran Wrap on feet or this makes your feet too hot, then wear stocks to bed
Flaky Skin No More Bath Oil
Create a bath routine with this lovely bath oil for flaky skin. You will need to add a carrier oil or the essential oils will stay at the top and not mix with your bathwater. Remember, lingering in hot water will dry out your skin.
- 2 ounces of your favourite carrier oil
- 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (Cedarwood or Helichrysum Essential Oil)
- Mix well and add about 1/4 oz. to your bath
Stop Dandruff & Itchy Scalp Rinse
Wash your hair, before the last rinse, use the following rinse.
- Ensure you remove excess water from your wet hair
- Mix 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar with 3/4 cup of distilled water together in a cup
- Pour the rinse on your hair after
- Leave it in for a minute, and rinse it your hair with cold water