Here’s a perfect smoothie, just in time for the cold weather. In this smoothie, I added tropical flavors of mango, coconut and a few drops of lime essential oil. This green smoothie is a great energy booster pre-and-post workout.
Green Smoothie: Coconut-Mango-Lime
- 1 mango, peeled and pitted, add to freezer for thicker smoothie
- 5 drops of lime essential oil or 1/2 lime juice
- 1/2 frozen, very ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups, chopped curly kale
- 8 ounces of unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 ice cubes, optional
- Make sure to pour in liquids first, followed by the other ingredients
- Freeze fruit for a thicker consistency
The leafy green kale is a great low-calorie source of fiber, calcium, and iron. It is also bitter. That’s why we suggest adding a very ripe banana.