Recently tasted Lavender sugar, a delicious surprise and easy to make. Try it with fresh fruit like blueberries, strawberries and raspberries to give it a slightly unique taste. Experiment with tea too!
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic culinary lavender buds (culinary is the keyword here)
- Food processor or spice grinder
- Airtight containers—jars with lids, plastic containers or plastic zip-lock bags.
- Place 1 tablespoon culinary lavender buds in a food processor or spice grinder and mix until the buds are transformed into a powder.
- Pour the lavender and sugar together into a glass container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Label the container and store it in a pantry or cabinet away from light.
Gift Idea: Package the lavender sugar in an attractive glass container with a pretty label. Makes a great thank you for inviting me to dinner gift and you’re a great teacher gift!
Part of our post called: 101 things to do with Lavender.