Lavender Butter Cookies
You either love lavender or not.
Servings: 30 Cookies
- Cookie Sheet
- 1/2 cup unsalted, butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups fine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp culinary lavender HoosierHill Farm Lavender, as an example
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, lavender, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Once mixed, drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.